294 contents includes:
- The Byzantine Provincial Army of Spania 552/5-624 AD, by Rodger Williams
- A Short History of the Iberian Peninsula - El Cid, by Robert Heiligers
- Dux Bellorum: Wargaming the ‘Dark Ages’ With Some Style, by Steven Neate
- Mesopotamian Notelets - More warriors from Mari, by Alastair McBeath
- 1166 And All That (2) - King Strongbow, by Mick Hession
- The Western Mediterranean Way of Warfare Debates (2), by Roy Boss & Mark Grindlay
- Kadesh - What Was Happening?, by Toby Partridge
- Contributing to Slingshot, by Nick Harbud
Slingshot is issued six times a year to members of the Society of Ancients. Membership currently costs£24 for six issues and includes access to Society games, publications, member discounts and the Society forum. You can subscribe or re-subscribe through the store at the Society's website, http://soa.org.uk
The editor is always looking for more articles, photographs and art, so feel free to contact him through email@example.com if you have an idea.
In other news the first in our series of Classic Slingshot Articles, "Rioting in Alexandria" by Ed Mills, from issue 27 (way back in 1970!), is now online here. More articles will follow shortly.
Also, the Society's Balearic Bundles deal has expired. But all remaining pre-2011 Slingshots are now available at £5 per year's set. If you are interested in picking up cheap hard copies of older Slingshot bundles, more information can be found here.
Below are some previews of the articles in this edition (click on photos to enlarge):