Good news: Slingshot 297 will soon be on its way to subscribers. This looks to be a cracking issue, with articles by Duncan Head and Jeff Jonas relating to next year's battle day subject, Hydaspes.
Articles in this edition include:
- Alexander's Army at the Hydaspes, by Duncan Head
- The Ancient Indian Army of Poros, by Jeff Jonas
- Commands & Colors on the Tabletop (2) by Steven Neate
- Emperors, Elephants and Electronic Discussions, by David Kay
- The Elephant in the Room, by Mark Fry
- An Anglo-Irish Urban Militia, by Mick Hession
- When Caesar's Away, the Gauls Will Play, by Chris Hahn
- The Classical Indian Archer, by Richard Lockwood
Slingshot is issued six times a year to members of the Society of Ancients. Membership currently costs £24 for six issues and includes access to Society games, publications, member discounts and the Society forum. You can subscribe or re-subscribe through the store at the Society's website, http://soa.org.uk
The editor is always looking for more articles, photographs and art, so feel free to contact him through email@example.com if you have an idea.
Also, all remaining pre-2011 Slingshots are now available at £5 per year's set. If you are interested in picking up cheap hard copies of older Slingshot bundles, more information can be found here.
For more information about joining the Society of Ancients see our homepage at http://www.soa.org.uk
Note to members: for many of us, membership will expire after issue 297. If you are not sure when your renewal is due, check the envelope containing your Slingshot. If your membership number starts with the number 297, you need to renew now. Please try to renew in plenty of time so that you have no problems getting your copy of 298.