Slingshot 300 for May, June 2015 is now with the printers.
Contents include the second part of John Hastings' solo Agricola campaign, part two of Justin Swanton's article on the Late Roman Army, and an authors' forum featuring Dan Mersey (Lion Rampant), Simon Miller (To the Strongest!), William Butler (Scutarii) and Mark Lewis (Sword and Spear).
The full list of articles is as follows:
· The Empire is Dead, Long Live the Army (2), by Justin Swanton
· Visiting Warwick Castle, by Peter Barham
· Agricola Against the Ordovices (2): Agricola’s Campaign, by John Hastings
· Glasgow Armati, by Mark Grindley, John Bradley & Vincent Auger
· Mesopotamian Warfare Notelet (8): Warriors of Ebla, by Alastair McBeath
· ‘Alf a League Onwards, by David Kay
· Authors’ Forum, by Aaron Bell
· Three Against One: Modelling Metaurus, by Chris Hahn
· Impetus in Buenos Aires, by Jorge Chehede
· Living Memory, by John Hastings
· Stories from the Jungle, by Mark Fry
Slingshot is issued six times a year to members of the Society of Ancients. Membership currently costs £24 for six issues and includes access to Society games, publications, member discounts and the Society forum. You can subscribe or re-subscribe through the store at the Society's website, http://soa.org.uk
The editor is always looking for more articles, photographs and art, so feel free to contact him through email@example.com if you have an idea.
Also, all remaining pre-2011 Slingshots are now available at £5 per year's set. If you are interested in picking up cheap hard copies of older Slingshot bundles, more information can be found here.
For more information about joining the Society of Ancients see our homepage at http://www.soa.org.uk
Note to members: for some of us, membership will expire after issue 300. If you are not sure when your renewal is due, check the envelope containing your Slingshot. If your membership number starts with the number 299, you need to renew now. Please try to renew in plenty of time so that you have no problems getting your copy of 301.