Sunday, May 19, 2019

Society news & other items of (possible) interest to members as of: May 2019


For those of you with an interest in the naval side of our period, here's a link to a brief but interesting and well illustrated after action report, written up by Dr Phalanx on his eponymous blog, which describes a fictional engagement between Octavian and Antonine fleets during the Roman Civil Wars.  The game was run using the Corvus v2 rules, which are available from the Society.

Sarmations, Sarmations, Sarmations.  Yes, I admit it, I had no other reason to add a link to Bennett Blalock-Doane's blog than that it is pure, unashamed eye-candy.  (Jealous?  Me?  Never.  Pass me my black undercoat.)


A couple of nice examples of 28mm Celtic figures from the Black Tree Design range, painted up by Jonathon Freitag, that will give you a good idea how this range can turn out.


Useful article from Thomo the Lost, over at Thomo's Hole, detailing some well thought through ideas about how to build up a suitable set of armies that can be used in a Dark Ages campaign, run under DBA v 3 or Basic Impetus v 2.


Over at Beasts of War, a review of Khurasan Miniatures latest releases in the (late) Medieval range.  (Ooooh, I shan't, I mustn't, I ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment