Monday, February 17, 2014
The Society of Ancients is very pleased to announce that Slingshot 290 is now at the printers and will soon be sent out to subscribers. We are still a little behind schedule with our Slingshots from 2013 but we are doing our utmost to catch up as quickly as possible.
- Ruspina, 46BC, Reconstructing a Battle the 'Lost Battles' way (Part 2), by Gavin Pearson
- A short history of the Iberian Peninsular from 400 to 1100AD (Part 6), by Robert Heiligers
- From the Bastard to the Conqueror, by Gordon Lawrence
- The Campaign and Battle of Sambre in 57 BC, by Ilkka Syvanne
- Army Selection and Gaming Style, by Perry Gray
- Chinese Dynastic Colours, by Duncan Head
- The Battle of Montaperti 1260 AD - Society of Ancients Battle Pack, by Richard Lockwood
- Slingshot Figure Reviews - Bag & Baggage from 4GROUND/Colonel Bill's, by David Edwards
Slingshot is issued 6 times a year to members of the Society of Ancients.
Subscription currently costs £24 for six issues and includes access to vendor discounts and the SoA forum. You can subscribe or re-subscribe through the store at the Society's website, http://soa.org.uk
The editor (Perry Gray) is always interested in ideas for articles, so if you are a member or plan to become one and have a battle report or historical article, a review, rules ruminations, scenario or campaign ideas, or anything else you would like to contribute to Slingshot, feel free to contact him.
The Society also has the 'Operation Balearic' sale on at present.
Operation Balearic offers back issues of Slingshot at the bargain price of six for £5 (£4 for SoA members) plus shipping. That is a year's worth of Slingshots for the price of one magazine.
The bundles on offer are for the years 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1987, and for each year from 1996 through to 2010. This offer is only available for a limited time and while stocks last.
To order, go to the Balearic Bundles page in the store section of the Society of Ancients website.
For a summary of the articles in each bundle, see the Society News blog http://societyofancientsnews.blogspot.jp/2013/12/operation-balearic.html